Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Softball






Tim has been telling me for the past few years that Keely should be signed up for softball. Finally this year I remembered in time and signed her up! I had no idea that softball was popular in Juneau, boy was I wrong! Keely was one of a few beginners in the league and the rest had been playing since they were like 3! Keely stuck with it even though at her first game she was hit in the face with a baseball bat and her second game the pitcher hit her knee (hard!) with the ball. Keely said it shouldn't be called "soft"ball. Tim and I loved it when Keely went up to bat and she would tap the base with her bat, it was super cute. In the dug out they cheerfully sang songs and chewed on sunflower seeds. Lots of spitting in the dug out. Keely gave it her best and I loved watching her play. Tim and I had fun watching the other parents get overly "heated" 
It takes a lot to be 12 and be a beginner when your peers are super good... again Keely makes me a very proud mama. I only wish that my dad lived here, he would of had fun watching keely play. 

2 comments: